Hewlett Packard (HP) has a large variety of a laptops to choose from after exploding onto the mainstream market nearly a decade ago. HP is now one of the foremost sellers of laptops, and are respected, well-priced, and ranging options for various user needs.
- For the day-to-day user, a 1 Terabyte hard drive or a 17.3 inch, 1080p display isn’t necessary or desired. This is where the HP model 15-r030wm Notebook comes in to save the day.
- This HP model comes in a sleek and shiny Flyer Red, which is eye-popping on the slim and solid build.
It is both extraordinarily affordable and has perks for the everyday user as well as additional perks for an affordable price: on the internet it can be found for around $245 to $299 refurbished and only $348 new. Not a bad setback at all. In 2015, the perks of yesterday are the standards of today.
- First, this model has a 2.17GHz Intel Pentium N3520 Processor (a power efficient quad-core CPU) with Turbo Boost up to 2.42GHz, making the processor significantly better than the previous and less powerful Intel Celeron processor. This notebook can handle basic multitasking and can play some light games as well as browsing the internet and doing your typing for work or school.
- The 15-r030wm has a respectable 4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1DIMM) of memory with one user accessible memory slot. It boasts basic Intel HD graphics that can be viewed on its 15.6 inch diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit display in 768p (1366×768) resolution. The hard drive is everyday friendly at 500GB, 5400RPM and includes a SuperMulti DVD burner, perfect for burning a DVD or playing your favorite DVD on the go.
This model also has variability in wireless connection, with 802.11b/g/n WLAN option as standard. Along with the HD display, it contains HD Audio with onboard stereo speakers for listening to music, watching YouTube videos, or playing a light game. Also standard is the front-facing HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone imbedded in the computer for hands-free and micro-phone free speaking. The keyboard is easy to use and is full-size with a numeric keypad. The touchpad is standard and supports multi-touch gestures.
- There are seven ports on the HP 15-r030wm for your following needs and options: A multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards, 1 SuperSpeed USB 3.0, 2 (USB) 2.0 ports, 1 HDMI port for high definition uses such as external display, 1 RJ-45 (LAN) port for tethered network connection, and 1 headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack.
- Notebook dimensions run at a slim 1.0 inch in height, 14.88 inches in width, and 10.20 inches in depth, weighing in at a moderately heavy 4.92 pounds. Its power comes in the form of a 45W AC adapter and comes standard with a 3-cell 31 WHr, 2.8Ah lithium-ion polymer battery. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the standard operating system software.
So, in short, this slim, one-inch-thick laptop is not for the extreme gamer, the obsessive online television or movie streamer, or the grad student or professional multitasker. But for those who are seeking to check their emails, spend some time on social media, do some internet browsing, typing up what they need on Microsoft Word, or enjoying a DVD from the comfort of wherever they find themselves, this laptop is for you. It is a solid budget contender that will help you stand out from the crowd.